Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Being Full of Yourself


I’m full of myself. Not in an arrogant kinda way. I’m full of all my good and bad qualities to the point that I’ve begun to spill over into the minds of others. People usually think being “full of yourself” is negative. I, on the other hand, don’t. To me, being full of myself means that I’ve embraced every aspect of my body and soul; both negative and positive. It’s a wonderfully empowering feeling.


Once you become full of yourself, there is no space for anything other than you. Your mind and body can’t become corrupt with the negative ideas of others. The socialization of your mind ends. Everything in you becomes who you truly are. Like I said, its wonderfully (yes wonderfully) empowering.


I'm starting a list of those who are full of themselves:

1) Sade

2) Jill Scott

3) Erykah Badu

4) Alice Walker

5) bell hooks


add to it!!

4 comments:

  1. Love this post. I've never really thought about being full of myself that way, nor have I ever assumed for it to be completely negative. But we all use it commonly, in a negative sense. Thanks for rearranging my thinking :)

    I want to be full of myself. I'll work on it.

    Btw, completely agree on the Jill Scott. She knows and loves her good and bad...and she's dope enough to share that with the world. Coolness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog and this post! Those women are definitely self-actualized and so are you! :)

    www.liftourvoices.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still working on being "full of myself", I imagine the feeling would be empowering
    can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete