Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Love: One Girl, Two Weddings

This past summer (although summer isn’t technically over yet) I attended two weddings. The first was my friend’s wedding in late June. She is my mentor and a woman who for the last three years has been my rock while in college. The second was my oldest Aunt's wedding in early July. She looked so stunning in her dress that it brought my cousin to tears.

Before those two weddings I had never attended a wedding in my entire life. Not only had I never attended a wedding but I was dreading going to both of them because I was skeptical about the concept of marriage and for that matter eternal love. Something changed. I would say that it might have been when my friend walked down the aisle with her shoulders back and her head held high to the man she was about to pledge her undying love to. Maybe it was when I saw my aunt jump the boom with my now uncle-in-law. I’m not sure, but something in me changed. I smiled and my eyes watered, because there at those weddings there stood a couple ready to spend a lifetime with each other. It was beauty. It was love. The feeling was something unlike anything I had ever been in the presence of or would even know how to conjure inside of myself.

Needless to say I love weddings now.

Here are a few pictures to share
My Aunt and Uncle during their first dance

my cousin Bry and I during the rehearsal dinner the night before the big day

 The triple threat!

My breathtaking baby younger cousin 

 My best friend and I at the wedding

The beautiful bride and I 

Friends




3 comments:

  1. Very Nice =)

    wljthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you had a great experience. Weddings are always a bright suprise for me. I am so emotional during the ceremony. We never know where love will take us, but we are blessed to share it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you had a great experience. Weddings are always a bright suprise for me. I am so emotional during the ceremony. We never know where love will take us, but we are blessed to share it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete