Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Another New Year


With January 1st  rapidly approaching I began thinking about what the last year has meant for me academically, emotionally, romantically, spiritually and physically. The last year has been busy and I must admit that I’m tired. I’ve always had a sankofa mentality when it came to life, so for me the best way to plan for next year would be to reflect on last year for all its highs and lows.

Academically:
I have definitely grown within my academic sphere. I’ve fallen in love with anthropology and archaeology to the point where it is difficult for me to see me doing anything else. Next year seems just as promising. In addition to my completion of my African American Studies minor, I’m crossing my fingers and hopefully by the summer I’ll be writing blog post from Tanzania (the thought of it excites me! I’ll keep you posted).

I’ll be graduating next year!!!! It is so scary to write, but I guess we all have to move on at some point right? So in less than 365 days I should be a graduate…that is if everything goes according to plan…and let’s face it, plans have a funny way of changing. Needless to say I’m excited to start my graduate school applications. All the schools I’m applying too are up north and have harsh winters that I’m not sure I can deal with… me and thermal underwear were never friends.

Emotionally/ Romantically:
I have always been a rather emotionally unstable person, I’m happy (or am I unhappy) to admit that that still hasn’t changed much. I can’t help but have my heart speak before mind does. Romantically, no big changes have occurred. I have come to the realization that I do like to be in intimate relationships, but thankfully not enough to put myself second in my life journey.

Spiritually:
I’m dedicating this coming year to being more in tune with my spiritual self. I’m excited and will keep you posted!

Physically:
I’ve dedicated the most this year to my physical self and being more in tune with myself by simply showing my body some love by taking care of it. In turn this has really positively affected me emotionally and spiritually. At first the changes that I wanted to make were purely for physical fitness but it soon became this holistic pursuit for balance in my life. Next year the pursuit will continue!

So what will be in store for next year? I have no idea… does anyone ever really know? Nope! I can just plan and be prepared with the knowledge of my past to face the changes that are ahead.
Peace 

1 comment:

  1. I like the post! Keep up the good work dude. I think you are headed down the right path in your journey!!!

    ReplyDelete