Thursday, December 30, 2010

Dear 15 Year Old Ayana

I recently stumbled across a blog post where the author wrote a letter to herself five years ago. I love the idea of being reflexive and thought this would be the perfect spot to do so. The only problem is that at 15 I never really enjoyed reading so my letter to my 15 year old self will be in list form.


Dear 15 Year Old Ayana,

1. Don’t freak out on the first day of high school! Everyone gets lost and trust me you will end up lost on the first day of classes for the remainder of your academic career.

2. You love writing! Don’t be scared to really dive into newspaper. That classroom, teacher, and those students will become a home away from home.

3. Keep more positive people around you. The negative energy will try to clog your vision and your school work will suffer!

4. Stop covering your teeth when you smile, and stop wearing clothing to deliberately hide your body. You are beautiful with all your imperfections, embrace them.

5. Study harder in your math classes and try to retain as much information as possible because the GRE is no joke and I’d like a decent score.

6. The first guy you kiss will become a lifelong friend, so tread lightly because both of your futures are intertwined.

7. Eat healthier food! It’ll cleanse your mind, body and soul… trust me there is nothing natural about Burger King

8. Be happy and don’t sweat the small stuff, it’ll all work out in the end.

Peace!

2 comments:

  1. Is it bad that some of those things applied to me now? I love this. I actually wrote letters when I was in high school for my self and the kids I plan on adopting so they could see and I could see for myself that my opinions and morals haven't changed very much. So I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this letter brought tears to my eyes. I love this.

    ReplyDelete