Saturday, March 5, 2011

Good Reads!



When you read a good blog post that naturally brings a smile to your face then it is necessary   that you share it. The blog post below from TheFreshXpress is one such post. It was a great read to go over as I ate my pita bread stuffed with roasted bell peppers and tempeh last night.

And exert is below, but you gotta (yes gotta) read the whole post for the full effect.

The very nature of a black man is to love a black woman. I’ve come to realize it after that experience. He can love any woman, but not to the degree he can love a black woman. I state this with no reservation and remorse for those it might offend. For that brief moment I loved her hair, because it was the very hair that grew out of my own head. I loved her skin, because it was the same skin that covered my flesh. I saw her as the mother of my children, because I knew when I looked at their faces I wouldn’t be able to see my half or hers. I would only see us. At that moment I loved myself more because I was looking at everything that makes me amazing. I could never love a woman of another race that way

No comments:

Post a Comment