Friday, February 10, 2012

Post Graduation, Unpaid Internships, and New Decisions


Two months into the 2012 and I’m still running on the high of it being a great start to a new year! Key Points:
  • I Graduated! Now living my post-undergraduate life I’m loving all the free time I have in-between my internship, conference preparation, and training for a half marathon. I’m going to miss it come Aug when graduate school starts.


  • My internship is working at the Smithsonian National Museum of African American history and Culture. My aunt has kindly named me “one step above hobo” because the internship is unpaid and I’m currently living out of two suitcases and sleeping on a blowup mattress in her one-bedroom apartment. Hobo or not I’m enjoying the internship and can honestly say that it feels nice being a part (even if it’s the smallest) of an historical institution in the nation’s capital.


  • Graduate school decisions are coming out soon and some important decisions need to be made! I’ll keep you posted!



No comments:

Post a Comment