Thursday, May 3, 2012

Just Keep Moving...

I love my Nike+ app


 My goal is to run a marathon by next summer. For right now I'm only half crazy currently training for my first half-marathon with Jua this summer. I'm not really big on pace, unlike Jua, I just want to finish! I started running about four years ago with my friend Jhenny (I just got serious about it in the last year). For a while we just jogged and walked our way to 3 miles and it was a good week when I did that more than twice.

Now I'm working towards that 13.1 milestone. There are days when the couch potato inside of me tells me not to move much less run. But we all have things that push us further; here are two of mine:


  • Cupcakes! I know it sounds silly, but I every time I break my longest mile record I reward myself with a cupcake. Its one of many vices I have. The Cupcake Station cupcakery in Ann Arbor, MI has my vote for the best vegan carrot-cake cupcake. 

  • My path! Sometimes running ten miles can fly by when the path you're running on is beautiful. 
What I see when I run





3 comments:

  1. I need something to motivate me; it seems like every day it’s harder to get off “the Couch". I have done the marathon thing so it does not really motivate me anymore and I eat food just because I can so no motivation there (yes I know the problem) but you have truly given me something to think about. Good luck on your journey to 13.1 miles it is very rewarding at the finish line.
    Smooches Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) You inspire me!!! I just want to be able to run. I am proud of your progress. Keep it up <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Auntie!

    Maybe the mud race can be the new motivation :)

    and thanks Ju'lia & keep pushing yourself

    ReplyDelete