Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Eastern Farmers Market


You haven't been to a farmers market until you've been to the Eastern Market in Detroit, Michigan.There were about five sheds the size of warehouses full of all my produce wonders. If the refrigerator at home wasn't already full I would have bought more but I'm tired of playing ispy in my mom's frige. Instead mom and I went there with a couple goals.

  • Buy bean custard pie. Ok so about a week ago Andrew Zimmern, of Bizarre Foods, did a show on Detroit and took a visit to the Eastern Market were he tasted and then proceeded to fall in love with a bean custard pie by Love's Custard Pie. My mission was to find that stand and eat the custard. Mission Accomplished!


  • Find a plant for mother's outdoor patio. A couple a years ago when my mother was out of town I, along with my cousin, were asked to take care of her plates. They died within the first week because we forgot to water them. Mom, years after the incident, is just now buying more plants. Isn't it a beauty! 


  • More fruit. The price of fruit was wild! I would never go to the grocery store if I lived closer to Eastern Market. There really would be no need to shop anywhere, because all my grocery needs could be found somewhere at this market. Oranges were 10 for $5. Strawberries were $1 for 12oz. Pineapples were $1 each. 6 pack of garlic for $1. Amazing prices!



  •  After walking around for about two hours mother and I went to get pizza at Supino Pizzeria next to the market. I was...ok. The ice cream shop next to the pizzeria was to die for. Yummmy. I can't wait to take Jua here when he comes into town.





No comments:

Post a Comment