Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Recipe Junky

My staple cookbooks
Confession time:

I've spent countless hours online looking up recipes and too much money on cookbooks. Personally I blame Amazon's 1-click shipping option. I can be spotted snooping around Whole Foods with excitement and apprehension all because I want to be more adventurous with my meal choices. I'd love to get to the point where I can look in my refrigerator and whip something together without a glace at a recipe. Whenever I lack creativity or am just plain lazy I always head back to my staple meals.

Breakfast:

  • Oatmeal steamed in almond milk with golden raisins, walnuts, agave nectar and cinnamon. Throw in some slices of banana and it taste just like banana bread in my mind.
Lunch:
  • Mashed avocado sprinkled with sea salt with a soft fried egg on toast. Along side some roasted plantain chips, or fruit bowl and I'm set.
Dinner:
  • Favorite sandwich! Avocado, hummus, mushrooms, sprouts between bread. Quinoa salad on the side.
It's dinner time!

2 comments:

  1. <3 Food!
    and loving the new layout =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I felt like i just needed something new and a little lighter...

    ReplyDelete