Saturday, May 5, 2012

Chakula Tayari: Broccoli and Mushroom Lettuce Wraps



When I was in Tanzania  last year my professor's wife use to always yell "chakula tyari," which is Kiswahili for "food is ready," to call everyone to the dinner table. Everyone ate dinner are 4pm, which was insane to me but the food was always prepared so well by the woman hired that the phrase stuck with me. 

Dinner is ready and on the menu we have broccoli and mushroom stir-fry in lettuce wraps with a avocado and lemon spread. The sides are yummy strawberries and walnuts. This is me trying to be a little adventurous and it worked! The result was mouth watering.

The stir-fry was just a mix of garlic, red onion, mushrooms, and broccoli with a little evoo. For the avocado spread, I mashed half an avocado with sea salt and lemon zest. Next time I think I add some black beans to the wrap.






No comments:

Post a Comment