Sunday, January 23, 2011

Remember When We Use To Speak Kiswahili



Remember When We Use To Speak Kiswahili

At the end of April I’ll be boarding a plan to a new and interesting world, where knowledge flows through the air. There will be mist on mountain tops and people with sunkissed skin tones . My excitement to spend my summer in Tanzania cannot be matched.

To prepare I’ve hassled three good friends to teach me Kiswahili. I have never been more enchanted by a language in my life. The way it rolls off the tongue is poetry. I’ll keep you all posted on my progress.

The great thing about learning a language in 2011 are the free resources online. Between downloading (legally of course) different language software, youtube videos, and language sites, I haven’t spent a dime. I would strongly suggest everyone surf the web for free resources before you cough up 200 plus dollars for any language software.

As for Kiswahili check out the links below:


Till then, Kwa heri 

1 comment:

  1. I want to relearn it (I used to speak it & kikuyu from Uganda) & converse in swahili to keep each other sharp!
    I luv you!
    -1Luv-

    Uwezo Akili I

    ReplyDelete