Sunday, January 2, 2011

Same You New Mindset For 2011


When I ask my friends what they want out of 2011 most read off a list they have entitled “New Year Resolutions.” Many times the first thing listed is a new version of themselves; which includes losing anywhere between 10 and 20 pounds. This troubles me. And all the commercials beckoning for weight loss and a ‘newer you for 2011’ are to blame. There is nothing wrong with You. I am the same person I was in 2009 and I intend to be the same ol’ Ayana in 2011. My being has remained the same but my mindset like the world around me in constantly changing. I think instead of stressing over becoming a new person for 2011 people should focus on a new mindset. By doing so people can begin to recognize that losing 20 pounds won’t equate to happiness, but finding balance and peace will. Those can only be achieved with a new mindset. So let’s get started.

1 comment:

  1. I agree!!! Any change begins with the mind! We are who we are. The only thing that we can change is the way that we think. I feel that no change or transformation can happen without first getting your state of mind in order.

    ReplyDelete